Plugin in .aspx page

Jul 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Hi:

We are trying to use the plugin on an .Net .aspx page that successfully uses a few other jquery plugins. We are using jquery 1.61. The css file is loading, the js file is being called, but nothing is being displayed. I don't see anything in your docs that we are not doing. Any suggestions? Our current html in the .aspx file is straight from your page.

<div class="rateit" data-rateit-value="4.5" data-rateit-ispreset="true" data-rateit-readonly="true"></div>

TIA,

Bill

Jul 1, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Hi:

FWIW, we found that the div had to have the "id" rate it- as in <div id="rateit" class....

Hope this helps someone else.

Best,

Bill

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM
Could you perhaps post a link to the page so I can have a look?

Could it be that the rateit div is added to the DOM after page ready?

Gidon

On 1 ביול 2011, at 23:04, "Bill_H" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi:

We are trying to use the plugin on an .Net .aspx page that successfully uses a few other jquery plugins. We are using jquery 1.61. The css file is loading, the js file is being called, but nothing is being displayed. I don't see anything in your docs that we are not doing. Any suggestions? Our current html in the .aspx file is straight from your page.

TIA,

Bill

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Great you worked it out.
I'll have a look at the issue, because it shouldn't work like that (it would prevent you from having multiple plugins on your page). How do you call the plugin?

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 ביול 2011, at 23:36, "Bill_H" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi:

FWIW, we found that the div had to have the "id" rate it- as in

Hope this helps someone else.

Best,

Bill

Jul 1, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Gidon:

We call it with

$(document).ready(function() {

var options = {
                readonly: true,
                resetable: false}
            $('#rateit').rateit(options);

some other js functions...

}

I am going to test it with a second div Id's  as

$('#rateit2').rateit(options);

I will let you know if it works.

Best,

Bill

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Gidon:

We have two plugins running on the .aspx page called as in the previous message. No problems at all.

Best,

Bill

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM
1) You use the pound sign, so that points to the ID attribute.

2) multiple items with the same ID will work, but is actually not allowed in HTML.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 ביול 2011, at 00:03, "Bill_H" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Gidon:

We have two plugins running on the .aspx page called as in the previous message. No problems at all.

Best,

Bill

Jul 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Gidon:

I guess reading code on the iphone gets tough? :-) Read my 4:57PM message again. We are using different ids and they are using #. And it works just fine. Now we are working the star images into our sprite.

Best,

Bill

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2011 at 5:13 AM
Haha.
Just for my info, will it be on a public site and if yes what is the URL?

Gidon

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 ביול 2011, at 01:35, "Bill_H" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Gidon:

I guess reading code on the iphone gets tough? :-) Read my 4:57PM message again. We are using different ids and they are using #. And it works just fine. Now we are working the star images into our sprite.

Best,

Bill